As a company to provide insights based on the raw data collected directly from the electrical network, we value the customer data the most. We know how important it is to protect your data and use it safely only to benefit you in terms of saving electricity.
Terms not defined herein are defined in the Wattie Terms and Conditions (https://wattie.io/terms).
We collect the electrical parameters directly from your electricity distribution box (also known as the fuse box) and send it to our cloud so that we may display it to you in the raw and processed form. The basic quantities that are collected are the current and voltage information of a single or three-phase electricity connection. Other electrical parameters, for instance, power factor as then derived from the collected data and used as required. The data collected is stored in our servers which stays there indefinitely.
We ask for your personal data when signing up for your account like your name, city, Tariff applied to you, email address, and phone number to make a unique account for you and your device and also to give you personalized tips to help you use electricity more effectively. This data in no way is shared with any third party.
Information for purchase:
If your purchase is made on the Wattie website, we collect information about the purchase and delivery of Wattie. This includes your email address, billing and shipping address, and phone number. Credit card information is not collected by Wattie as the only mechanism for delivery we use is COD (cash on delivery). This information is shared with the relevant courier delivery so that they can ship you Wattie.
General website data:
We collect information about you in various ways when you use the Site. We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, we collect your name, email address, and other information you provide via the Site when you submit inquiries or request more information about our Product and Service. When you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Site your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity of the Site.
We may use tools offered by third-party services, such as Facebook, to send data about actions users take on our site. These third-party services may use such data to provide measurement services to Wattie or to target ads. By continuing to browse on our website, you consent to cookies (or other tracking technologies) collected by Wattie or its third-party vendors, for the purpose of serving targeted advertising.
Use of information we collect
No information that we collect that is identifiable to you will be used in any way outside of our company without your express consent, except to the extent identified herein.
We may use information that we collect in the following ways:
– To improve our Services, Products, and Sites. This includes improvements that are specific to your installation and that improve the Products, Service, and Site.
– To identify opportunities for you to improve the efficiency of your home, such as ways to reduce electricity consumption, or identifying devices that are running inefficiently or may be failing.
– To send you alerts that you have enabled, such as you are likely to exceed the monthly budget that you have set if you keep using electricity at the specific rate.
– To understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Site, Product, and Service.
– To respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service.
– To provide and deliver the Product and Service you request.
– To send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
– To link or combine your information with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
– To provide you with more personalized advertisements, which may include providing third-party advertising vendors with data collected to target advertising based on the end users’ online activity.
Sharing of personal information
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
– with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies
– with third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work
– in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction, or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company. We may also share aggregated or anonymized information which cannot be linked to your specific account or other personal information.
Sharing of personal information
We take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Your information choices and changes
If you terminate the Service and uninstall or deactivate the Hardware, you may request that we delete all of the Product Data and Information for Purchase that was collected for your Account. To request this, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
you may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing at email@example.com
Changes to this policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date below.
If you have any questions about this Policy or to access personal information we may have of yours, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org